Sunday 30 January 2011

Martin Marauder Mk II

Another 1/144 scale bomber now.  This Marauder came in the same batch as the Liberator I mentioned recently.  Again, I wanted to finish it as something other than a 'standard' US or RAF machine.  At around the time I was researching the B-24 markings I saw a mention of B-26s having been used by the RAAF.  I then came across a picture of an RAAF Mitchell in a rather striking plain green over black finish, and decided to use this scheme on the Marauder.
This model suffered more than most under the camera flash (see third photo), so I tried it with no flash.

The markings were made up from what I could find - the roundels are RAF ones without the red centre added.

Switching the flash off changes the shade of green totally!

4 comments:

Bill said...

nice looking Marauder!

Tim Gow said...

Bill
It's a bit different, isn't it?

Bill said...

one question...which green is true?

Tim Gow said...

Bill
The third photo is closest to how it looks under natural light.